Better Health Program
The WA Department of Health is funding the Better Health Program in the Perth metropolitan region. The ten-week program is available to families both face-to-face and online and we need your help to get the word out to the local community! We are currently accepting registrations for Term 1 2022.
What is the Better Health Program?
The Better Health Program is a free, healthy lifestyle program for families. The program is evidence-based and is developed and delivered by qualified health professionals to support families with making sustainable health changes. Children (and their families) are eligible to participate in the program if they are:
· Aged 7-13 years
· Above a healthy weight
In Term 1 2022, Face-to-face program locations include:
· Herb Graham Recreation Centre Mirrabooka, Tuesdays commencing 1st of February 2022
· Bounce Cannington, Wednesdays commencing 2nd of February 2022
· Latitude Air Edgewater, Wednesdays commencing 2nd of February 2022
· Rebound Arena Port Kennedy, Thursdays commencing 3rd of February 2022
For those unable to attend a face-to-face program, the online program includes:
· Weekly interactive modules
· Weekly phone coaching support with a health professional
· Lots of freebies (including a Garmin fitness tracker and other great resources)
Benefits to families:
· Learn about healthy habits in a fun and engaging way
· Support and resources to establish healthy habits
· Flexible program delivery – Face-to-face in the community or online
If you would like further information about the program, please don’t hesitate to reach out via email, call us on 1300 822 953 or visit our website here.